Our Personalised GEMI Service
Your Designs – on Time at the Right Price.
By having our Melbourne Head Office & Bali Design Factory, we take the stress out of having to navigate different cultures, time zones, languages, laws and currencies. Pippa has more than 20 years of experience in manufacturing apparel and knows how important it is to have your order on time and on budget, ready to hit the shops and make you money! You can pay into an Australian bank account in Australian dollars without incurring International bank charges and unnecessary fees and delays.
GEMI will guide you through the design process and support you to make decisions to enhance your designs and increase your profit margin with cost effective manufacturing techniques.
Sampling & Pattern Making Development
- Supply GEMI your design SPECIFICATION SHEETS and we will start drafting your patterns and creating your samples
- GEMI requires clear and detailed specifications, this will save you time and money – We can guide you to how to set up your specifications
- We will keep your PATTERNS and SPECIFICATIONS on file for 12 months
There are 4 types of samples:
- FIT SAMPLES – are usually made from similar undyed fabrics and are used to approve the fit of the garment. At this stage GEMI will also supply samples or strike off your printing, dyeing, embroidery and all other processes that you need for your design.
- SELLING SAMPLES – are made from the actual fabric and have gone though all manufacturing processes required such as dyeing, printing etc.
- PRODUCTION SAMPLES – are a sample directly taken from your production order. This sample is sent to you for final approval for quality control purpose, prior to the shipping the bulk of your order.
- GRADED – Samples are required to check grading and reviewed for any alterations needed. Our pattern maker can grade to your specifications. If is the first time you have worked with us, it’s important to approve a graded sample set.
You may need one or all types of samples depending on how you sell your products and how large and detailed your order is.
Production commences after all samples including patterns, fabrics, prints and colours are approved.
Lead times vary with each order, depending on GEMI production schedule. GEMI production time frame is 4-6 weeks depending on the size of your order.
GEMI experience is quality control is higher than most factories with Pippa starting her career in garment quality control over 20 years ago. GEMI aims only for the highest level of quality workmanship.
Quality control inspections play a major part in all manufacturing. All aspects of the manufacturing process are inspected with the upmost precision and excellence to ensure all your garments are manufactured to your approved samples. Every quality check is ticked off in the GEMI quality control system which is a well established quality control inspection list.
Prior to any dispatch of a production order, samples are to be approved by the client / designer.
GEMI can custom dye a large range of fabric to match your desired pantone colours. Just to name a few dye techniques GEMI supplies, Plain dye, Dip dye, Tie dye, Mottle dye and Garment dye.
We also offer advanced washing techniques that can be your custom design, such as Vintage wash, Stone wash, Sand wash and Destroy wash.
GEMI can source as many fabrics as you desire. With our long-standing relationships with many local suppliers, we can source fabrics at a competitive local rate. Provide us a with sample and we will find it, or visit our Melbourne design studio or Bali office and have a look at our large range of fabrics. GEMI will advise which fabrics are best for what treatments and advise allowances for shrinkage.
Add that little extra bang, send GEMI a photo of what you are looking for and we will source it. Laces, ribbons, sequins, beads and all hardware.
GEMI has extensive experience on International Shipping and can offer advice.
We can organise or recommend a freight company for you, alternatively we can use your freight company of choice.
We will oversee all your shipments to and from Bali.
A first class International Airport is less than 20 minutes from the GEMI manufacturing hub.
Air freight can be as fast as 3 days. Sea freight takes longer and is cheaper.
Branding and Packaging – Woven Label Production
GEMI can produce all your woven labels, just send through your artwork for a quick quote.
Types of woven labels:
- Main labels
- Brand labels
- Size labels
- Side pips
Printed Label Production
GEMI can produce all your printed labels – we can custom your care labels with your logo and website. Send through your artwork for a quick quote.
Swing Tag Production
GEMI can source all your swing ticket needs including ribbon, string and your desired safety pins. We can print or emboss your tickets.
GEMI will source all your hardware such as zippers, buckles, clips, rings, clasps, beads and buttons. We can match your desired metals such as brass, gold, silver and nickel. Add your logo to a button or a bead ask us how.
Contact our Melbourne Head Office on 1300 037 744 to discuss your garment manufacturing needs or feel free to enquire about a complimentary consult about what you would like achieve with your collection and range.